MSD Blaster II Series high performance ignition coil in red, supplied with ballast resistor. MSD's famous red canister coils! If your application uses a points distributor, the ballast must be used. Late-model electronic ignitions or an MSD Ignition do not require the ballast.
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6, or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Our Blaster Coils are designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil-filled metal canister.
The Blaster Coil is designed to mount in most factory canister coil mounts. MSD also offers a Chrome Coil Bracket, PN 8213. It is recommended to mount the PN 8202, PN 82023, and 8223 coils in an upright position.
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- Supplied with two spark plug wire boots, terminals and a ballast resistor (required if used with stock points ignition)
- Alkyd tower with high dielectric properties is less prone to carbon tracking
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red Metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- CARB E.O. Approved