MSD Blaster 3 Series high performance ignition coil in red. The Blaster 3 Coil features an extra-tall tower design to improve the coil wire attachment and spark isolation. Supplied with a 90-degree terminal and boot.
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6, or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. Our Blaster Coils are designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil-filled metal canister.
The Blaster Coil is designed to mount in most factory canister coil mounts. MSD also offers a Chrome Coil Bracket, PN 8213. It is recommended to mount the PN 8202, PN 82023, and 8223 coils in an upright position. The High Vibration Coil, PN 8222, can be mounted in any position due to its epoxy potting compound.
- Extra tall secondary tower for secure coil wire connection
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions and MSD Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)*
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Supplied complete with a 90° spark plug style terminal and boot
- CARB E.O. Approved