MSD Blaster Series high vibration, performance ignition coil in black. The sturdy metal housing of the High Vibration Coil is completely potted with a premium grade epoxy to completely encase the coil's primary and secondary windings.
In applications such as off-road, marine, or other harsh conditions, the MSD Blaster High Vibration Coil is the best choice. This protects the coil's internal components from high and low-frequency vibrations that are commonly experienced in racing.
The Blaster Coil is designed to mount in most factory canister coil mounts. MSD also offers a Chrome Coil Bracket, PN 8213. It is recommended to mount the PN 8202, PN 82023, and 8223 coils in an upright position. The High Vibration Coil, PN 8222, can be mounted in any position due to its epoxy potting compound.
- Metal canister is encased with epoxy to protect the windings from high vibration applications
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- CARB E.O. Approved
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicles