MSD's exciting, next generation of 6-Series ignition controls - the 6AL-2! The ignition control combines a new housing, new digital controls, and more power in a sleek package, available here in red, but also available in black HERE. Inside the new cast aluminum housing, you'll find an advanced micro-controller that manages the built-in two-step rev-limiter. The spark output of the new box has been turned up to 535 volts of primary voltage with spark energy reaching up to 135 millijoules! The multiple sparks of the 6AL-2 burn in the cylinder for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation to ensure complete combustion.
Two more great features are the rev limits! There are two rev limiters; one for high-end overrev protection and another you can activate off a clutch or trans-brake to set a launch limit. This feature will help your car blast off the starting line! Adjustments are made via four rotary dials for 100 rpm increment control!
The all-new capacitive discharge ignition will easily connect to nearly any 12-volt negative ground distributor system.
- All new housing, same reliable digital circuitry and performance
- Built-in 2-Step rev control adjustable with rotary dials
- Higher output with up to 135mJ of spark energy
- Accepts Hall-effect, points and mag pickup triggers
- Managed by an efficient digital processor
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicles