MSD Blaster SS high performance ignition coil in black, also available in red HERE. Don't let the compact size of the Blaster SS Coil fool you, because it is packed with performance! The efficient E-core windings are designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps of current and maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts!
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions and MSD Ignitions
- Efficient winding design and assembly creates a compact housing
- Primary and secondary windings are encased in Ciba polyurethane
- 70:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Tough, rigid housing with a tall tower and brass primary terminals
Note: If installing the Blaster SS Coil to a points distributor or a non-current limiting ignition system without an MSD Ignition, a 0.8 ohm ballast resistor is required (MSD PN 8214). The resistor should wire in series along with any factory resistors on the positive coil wire.
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicles